500kgs Snatch Block / Hand Pulley Block
- Used to change the load line direction with a machined steel sheave
- Drop forged, heat treated swivel hook and latch with stretch indicator and identity code
- Opening feature permits quick insertion and positioning of rope on the sheave
- Blocks can be securely locked by swinging the hook In the direction of pull
- Groove and sheave is made from high quality machined alloy steel to suit its intended rope diameter
- For use with steel wire rope and/or fibre rope
- Manufactured to European standards EN 13157:2003 and the machinery directive 98/37/EC
- Can be furnished with bronze bushings or roller bearings
Due to a high stock turnaround time not every product will always come exactly as seen in the image. you may receive a product in a different shade or with small differences to the hardware itself. If you have a specific requirement please call us to confirm the spec on our current stock.
Hand pulley blocks are use to make lifting easier by redirecting a force. They allow the operator to use their full weight as a pulling force. This lifting equipment is manufactured in accordance with EU standard EN 13157:2003 and has built in safety features, such as a secure locking system, that ensures the safe lifting of heavy loads. A hand pulley block has many applications and is commonly used as part of a pulley system in construction and factories. They are built from strong and reliable material and are intended for use with steel wire rope and fibre rope. The groove and sheave is constructed from high quality machined alloy steel.
Break/Load in kgs: 500
- Drop forged, Heat treated swivel hook and latch with stretch indicator and identity code
- Opening Feature allowing quick insertion and positioning of rope on the sheave
- For use with steep wire rope and fibre rope
- Manufactured to EN 13157:2003
- Working Load Tonne 0.5
- Hook Latch H (mm) 20
- Rope diameter (mm) 5
- Weight (kg) 2.0
A snatch block is a sort of pulley in a metal casting used to help in winching duties. Snatch blocks are made of heavy and strong material in order for them to handle as much weight as possible. It is essentially attached to an anchor and then the winch cable is run through it then back to the winch. Doing this doubles the length cable required to pull thus doubling the mechanical advantage due to the added length.