12T - 1-1/4" Blue Pin Bow Shackle
- Break / Load: 12,000kg
- Available in Steel Grey
- Safety Factor: 6:1
- All our Shackles meet the performance requirements of the Federal Specification
- RR-C-271D Type IVA, Grade A, Class 2
- Marked with manufacturers mark, size, ID mark, CE, and W.L.L (Working Load
- Limit). See adjacent photo
- Our Bow Shackles can be used in conjunction with Webbing Slings due to their
- large loop size
- All of our steel is forged, quenched, and tempered
- You can browse our full range of Shackles here
A shackle is a U-shaped piece of metal secured with a screw pin bolt across the opening or a hinged metal loop secured with a quick-release locking pin mechanism. They are used as a connecting link in all manner of rigging systems, from boats and ships to industrial crane rigging.
Bow Shackles are used as connecting links in rigging systems used in shipping and industrial industries. The large shape of the loop on bow shackles means that they are normally used in conjunction with Webbing Slings because there is more room for the Webbing Sling’s eye to sit in.
This type of lifting equipment is used when an extremely resilient connection point is required. All of our shackles are made from forged steel, which means that the entire shackle is made from the same grade and density of steel. Cast steel often contains air bubbles, which affect the integrity of the metal. Our bow shackles have their Working Load Limit stamped on them to enable easy identification of the correct shackle for the application (See pictures above).
Also known as a chain shackle, our D-Shacklesrange from 0.5t to 25t. D-shackles are narrow shackles shaped like a loop of chain, usually with a pin or threaded pin closure. D-shackles are very common and most other shackle types are a variation of the D-shackle. The small loop can take high loads primarily in line, but side and racking loads may twist or bend a D-shackle.
For more information, check out our blog post:Everything You Need to Know About Dee Shackles.
Break/Load in kgs: 12000
- Shackles Quenched and Tempered
- Batch Numbered and Working Load Limit Permanently Shown on every Shackle
- Safety Factor 6/1