Lightweight Ratchet Straps VS Heavy Duty Ratchet Straps
Before comparing both straps, we first need to know about the Ratchet Straps.
What are Ratchet Straps?
Ratchet Straps are commonly used in the transportation industry, where they are used to secure and hold cargo or equipment on the transport, depending on their intended use. They are also often used in aircraft cargo compartments that are needed to secure cargo when the aircraft is being moved. Ratchet straps can be used for both commercial and household use, depending on your needs.
Ratchet straps are made with 100% polyester and metal hooks and are available in various lengths, styles, and materials. Most ratchet straps are made of steel and are manufactured to standardized sizes and measurements so that they can be used in a wide range of applications according to the requirements.
They can also be used in emergencies, like keeping doors closed or shutters in place to prevent injuries or keep people safe. They also have other uses like holding the furniture together or holding together the corners of boxes, but they are primarily used for their original purpose of holding things down. The Ratchet Shop has a variety of straps that best suit your needs and requirements to get the job done.
Read More: How to store ratchet straps
What are the Benefits of Using Ratchet Straps?
- Ratchet straps are a great way to transport cargo because they are durable, meaning they will not suffer any damage while being transported.
- They are also non-abrasive, which means they won't damage the cargo even if they are rubbing against it.
- They are also low stretch, which means they won't stretch out when pulled, which is especially important for fragile items.
- Protect the cargo items in extreme weather conditions, including rain, snow, hail, and thunderstorms.
- Your cargo is always safe and secured on the trailer, pickup, truck, or roof rack so you can transport it with peace of mind.
- Cargo won't fall off the truck or the roof rack regardless of the road's rough conditions. This way, you can focus on your journey without worrying about the cargo falling off the vehicle.
Read More: How to Make Your Ratchet Straps Last Longer
Ratchet Straps are divided into two main types that are discussed below!
1- Lightweight Ratchet Straps (Below 3000kg)
2- Heavy Duty Ratchet Straps (Above 3000kg)
Now let's have a look at the differences between Lightweight Ratchet Straps and Heavy Duty Ratchet Straps.
We have spent years developing our ratchet straps so that you can get the suitable straps for the right job.
Lightweight Ratchet Straps
- As evident from the name, Lightweight Ratchet Straps are made for the maximum load limit of 3,000kg or less. These straps are easy to use and come in various lengths and styles for all suitable needs.
- These straps are used for weights under 3000kg, such as for the stock of electronics, bicycles, equipment, furniture, boxes, and many lightweight items.
- Our ratchet straps are made from 100% polyester material, making them highly reliable and flexible.
- They are made from a durable, lightweight material, which helps extend their life, and hydraulic ratchet mechanisms offer smooth and reliable operation.
- They are available in a variety of colors like black, red, blue, and many more of your choice.
- They are the most versatile and practical option for securing loads and are great for your smaller projects.
- They are available in single or double width and can be used to secure and tighten loads on vehicles.
- Ratchet straps can secure small loads in the warehouses, on the vehicles or on the roof rack.
- They're also easy to carry and store, so you can keep them in your vehicle or at your workstation so you can quickly access them when you need them.
Our ratchet straps are a great fit when you need a strap that can handle a load.
Heavy Duty Ratchet Straps
- The Heavy Duty Ratchet Straps offer a maximum weight limit ranging from 4,000kg to 10,000kg.
- These straps can be used for lifting heavy weight machinery, towing vehicles, and holding loads on vehicles such as bulldozers, tractors, and trucks that need tie-down straps to prevent the cargo from moving around.
- The straps can also secure cargo to a fixed structure, such as a dock, pier, or handrail, to stabilize loads.
- Heavy-duty Ratchet straps can also be used on the back of trailers to hold down loads, helping to ensure that the trailer remains stable without shifting during transport.
- Heavy-duty straps are generally made of a single material: nylon or polyethylene.
- These straps come in various styles, such as D-rings, J-hooks, and many more, that do not scratch your items and keep them in the same condition.
- The most common ratchet type is a ratchet buckle attached to a ratchet strap by a set of hooks, which are then attached to the load through another set of hooks or ratchet buckles.
Explore our One-Stop-Shop
If you are looking for the Lightweight Ratchet Straps and Heavy Duty Ratchet Straps, you are at the right place. Browse our wide range of high-quality Ratchet straps with various types and designs at our store. If you have any questions about our products, feel free to contact us today. We will be glad to help you find the best option for your requirements.
Suggested Reads: Ratchet Straps And The Law - What You Need to Know