Delivery and Returns
We offer next day delivery on all orders placed before 13.30pm, pallets before 12.00pm
All our orders are Next Day Delivery for England, Scotland (excluding the Highlands) and Wales.
Standard Delivery £7.50 Next day up to 30 kilos, £6 for every 30 kilos after with a maximum charge of £45 delivery before your item is charged at a pallet rate. Please call our office for a quote for pallet rates.
Pre 12am Delivery £10 Per Parcel
Pre 10am Delivery £14 Per Parcel
Saturday Delivery £24 Per Parcel
Saturday pre 12am £30 Per Parcel
All orders to the Highlands, Ireland and the Isles are a 2 day service. Parcels shipped outside the UK, Ireland and Scotland can take up to 5 working days for delivery.
All two day services are £14 per consignment up to 30 kilos and £11 for every additional 30kilos
- Please note that orders wanted for Next Day Delivery must be placed by 1.30pm for guaranteed same day dispatch. However all orders placed after this time and up until 4pm, we will try our hardest to dispatch
Outside the UK we ship to Belgium, France (Including Monaco), Germany, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Austria and Denmark for £14 per consignment up to 30kilos. For shipping prices on any countries not included in the above list please call our office for a quote.
Do I have to sign for delivery?
The delivery company will require a person over the age of 18 to sign for goods as proof of receipt. Although we recommend you sign for your own goods, it is not required that the signature be from the specified recipient for us to relinquish ownership of the goods to you. Our DPD drivers have GPS coordinates that will place them at your property so we are always able to provide these along with a POD for customers on request. If you are not available to sign for your goods, you will receive a calling card from our courier DPD. You will then have to call the number on the card quoting the reference given to arrange a re-delivery, you are required to answer the calling card within 24 hours. Please be aware that the courier will only attempt to deliver your parcel twice and if they are unsuccessful then the parcel will be returned to our depot. If the fault is not of us or our courier you will be charged again for the redelivery. Please also be aware that if you are not in or the courier cannot locate you, the parcel may be left with your neighbour. If you do not want this to happen we must be made aware of this at the time of your order. If the parcel is left with your neighbour we cannot be held responsible if the items go missing.
- Please note that if your parcel does not arrive in the time we have allocated to your country/area then please contact us as soon as possible so we can sort this problem out for you straight away. Without fail we have your parcel out for delivery in the time frame we allocate, however we use an external courier company DPD and with that we cannot always account for your parcels whereabouts unless we are aware that there is a problem with it. If it is a matter of urgency that your parcel is with you at the time we have promised then please follow up your order with a call to our office so we can make sure we are tracking your parcel to the door.
- If you do not receive your parcel within the time frame we have given you must let us know within 13 days of placing your order.
- Although we guarentee next day dispatch for orders palced before 1.30pm Monday to Friday, we cannot guarentee the next day delivery 100% and do not accept any resposibility for costs/problems incurred due to our items not arriving in time on our next day service. We will try our best to get the parcel to you but sometimes due to weather, traffic and human error our couriers can not always make delivery. If your items are urgent for a certain day please order a few days in advance and follow up your order with a call to our team to let them know of the urgency.
- Our next day delivery charge is the only service we offer for UK mainland parcels and you are not charged a premium for this service, you are charged a standard delivery charge we are just able to dispatch items quickly with our staff being aware that parcels are always relatively urgent to customers. If your parcel therefore does not arrive the following day we do not provide refunds for delivery. Our delivery charge is standard and non refundable based on a delivery time frame not being met for a customer.
Who do I contact if I have a problem?
If you would prefer to talk to us directly about an online or telephone order, please call us on 01638 731608. We are open Monday to Friday (9:00am - 5:00pm)
Alternatively you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at
The Ratchet Shop
Tracking My Order:
As long as the correct email address and mobile telephone number has been entered into the system for your order, you will receive tracking information for your parcel on the day it is dispatched. This will give you an hour's delivery slot for your parcel and it will also give you the option to change your delivery if the time/day given does not suit you. Alternatively you can contact our office for further assistance. You will be able to see where your driver is up until your delivery if the above information is provided so you can track him to your door and count down his deliveries with this service to yours.
Please note that comments left by you for delivery are always passed on to the DPD drivers but we cannot guarentee that they will do as we have asked. Delivery drivers are also not obliged to call the telephone number provided on delivery to locate you either so it is best to make sure you have someone around to sign for your parcel during the hour provided for your delivery to avoid missing your delivery.
If your order arrives and the parcel is damaged you must check your parcel before you sign for it to make sure that nothing is missing. If the parcel is missing an item(s) due to it being damaged you must reject the parcel and state your reason of (missing items due to damage) with the courier
If your parcel arrives with no damage, but items are missing, you must make us aware of the missing items immediately so this can be looked into and resolved. This is very rare as our parcels go through a checking line before dispatched, so please make sure you double check the items you have received against your order before contacting us.
Returns and Refunds
Please refer to the following information when returning products delivered from the The Ratchet Shop website.
In the unlikely event that a delivered product (including special order and made-to-measure items) is faulty or damaged, we will exchange the product or provide you with a full refund. Notification of any defect must be made within 30 days of the product being delivered to you. We reserve the right to inspect all returned products prior to agreeing to any part-refund, full refund or product exchange.
Faulty products can be returned directly to us at:
The Ratchet Shop
Nutting Grove Upend
The return must be accompanied with proof of purchase, for a full refund (including delivery charge). Alternatively, collection of the product can be arranged through our nominated carrier, please call our sales team on 01638 731 608 for help with returning an item. We require the return of the products within 7 days of the refund request being made.
Products No Longer Required
In the event that you wish to return an item(s) purchased from The Ratchet Shop that is no longer required, we will provide you with a refund, excluding any delivery charges (unless you cancel the order before it has been dispatched for delivery) and provided we are advised of the proposed return within 30 days of the product being delivered to you.
The item(s) must be delivered back to us and will be inspected before any refund is made. If they have been used or are not returned with the correct packaging, you will not be refunded for the item(s). We reserve the right to inspect all returned products prior to agreeing to any part-refund, full refund or product exchange.
The return must be accompanied with proof of purchase, for a full refund (not including delivery charge). Alternatively, collection of the product can be arranged through our nominated carrier, please call our sales team on 01638 731 608 for help with returning an item. We require the return of the products within 7 days of the refund request being made.
Your refund, once accepted will be processed within 30 days.
Special Order and Made-to-Measure Products
Special order products are NOT subject to our next-day delivery policy and may also incur an added delivery cost to any items ordered from The Ratchet Shop website stock items. Special Order products can take up to 5 working days for delivery
For an item that is not on the website, please call 01638 731 608 for a price and estimated delivery time.
Made-to-measure products may NOT be returned unless they are deemed to be faulty or have been damaged in transit. (Please see details above concerning the return of faulty or damaged products).
Refunds are not available on \\\'free with purchase\\\' items, unless all other products are returned.
All refunds will be made to the account used to purchase the product.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
don't miss out on extra savings this month - sign up to our newsletter to find out how you could save!
The Ratchet Shop is a family run business that is well known for selling high quality construction goods. We stock a wide range of Lifting, Lashing and Towing products. Our lifting products consist of Horizontal and Vertical Lifting Clamps, Chain Hoists and Trolleys, Winches and Pulleys, Drum Lifters, Webbing and Round Slings and a wide range of Lifting Chains.
The Lashing and Towing products we stock are Load Binders, Lowloader Chains, Kinetic Recovery Straps and different types of Ratchet straps, ranging from Heavy Duty Ratchet Straps to Mini Ratchets and very recently Ergonomic Ratchets. At the Ratchet Shop we also want to make sure you stay safe! Therefore we also offer you a large selection of Fall Protection Equipment. These include Safety Harnesses, Lanyards, Karabiners and Fall Arrest Blocks.